Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bedtime Battles Part 2

Ok, just a quick note on the bedtime wars.

New strategy.

Monster goes to bed with iPod/iPhone for 10 minutes.

Afterward, he can choose to stay by himself or have mommy/daddy in their bed while he is in his bed. He has to stay laying down with head on pillow, eyes closed.

So far (been doing this for 3 whole nights ;) ), he ends up in my bed, but only when he is ready to finally fall asleep.

Next step, leaving before he is totally asleep. The biggest hurdle is I'm pretty sure there is a sensory component that I'm missing. I think something like the weighted blanket or mummy bag (sleeping bag that is tight on your body) will work, but he has to consent and right now he isn't ready to want to go to sleep, yet.

2 more weeks of school (10 days total). We'll see if things get better then or if I've just been deluding myself!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Haven't talked to you in forever. Just wanted to see how you guys are doing and touch base. I hope the end of school does help with bedtime.

    ReplyDelete