Friday, May 22, 2009

4 more weeks

I have four more weeks and I lose my job. I'm quite terrified as I have not found a replacement yet. A lot of interviews, which is nice, but no one coming through with an offer. It seems like the best chance is across the country. A daunting prospect, to say the least, but also a tempting one. Sort of a brand new, clean start, in a way. But way too far from family. I'm it for money coming into the house. The only other revenue stream is the state of California (respite, IHSS) and they aren't very reliable right now. We expect to lose what little support they provide soon enough. We're just glad that Monster is on Medi-cal for health insurance (disability) and Mr. is covered under IHSS (as Monster's aide). The only one who won't be covered is me, but I'm also the only one who doesn't take Rx meds everyday.

On a happier note, Monster and Mr. Steel went to 6 flags today and Monster rode a few rides, one of them by himself (and he did that twice, according to the Mr.). Tomorrow is a sensory friendly film at AMC. Night at the Museum 2, we'll see how long Monster lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment